DK Eyewitness Trip Guide: Philadelphia & the Pennsylvania Dutch Country is your in-depth guide to the very best of Philadelphia and the Pennsylvania Dutch Country.
Discover the best of Philadelphia, from the Old City (referred to as “The us’s most historic square mile”) encompassing Independence Hall and the iconic Liberty Bell to the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts. Venture outside the city to the Pennsylvania Dutch Country for a horse-drawn buggy ride, tiny road-side bakeries, and a true taste of the Amish lifestyle.
Discover DK Eyewitness Trip Guide: Philadelphia & the Pennsylvania Dutch Country.
• Detailed itineraries and “don’t-miss” destination highlights at a glance.
• Illustrated cutaway 3-D drawings of important sights.
• Floor plans and guided visitor information for major museums.
• Free, color pull-out map (print edition) marked with sights, a selected sight and street index, public transit map, practical information on getting around, and a distance chart for measuring walking distances.
• Guided walking tours, local drink and dining specialties to check out, things to do, and places to eat, drink, and shop by area.
• Area maps marked with sights and restaurants.
• Detailed city maps include street finder index for easy navigation.
• Insights into history and culture that will help you take into account the stories in the back of the sights.
• Suggested day-trips and itineraries to explore beyond the city.
• Hotel and restaurant listings highlight DK Choice special recommendations.
With hundreds of full-color photographs, hand-drawn illustrations, and custom maps that illuminate every page, DK Eyewitness Trip Guide: Philadelphia & the Pennsylvania Dutch Country in point of fact shows you this region as no one else can.
Series Overview: For more than two decades, DK Eyewitness Trip Guides have helped travelers experience the world through the history, art, architecture, and culture of their destinations. Expert Trip writers and researchers provide independent editorial advice, recommendations, and reviews. With guidebooks to hundreds of places all over the world available in print and digital formats, DK Eyewitness Trip Guides show travelers how they are able to discover more.
DK Eyewitness Trip Guides: the most maps, photography, and illustrations of any guide.