Written by locals, Fodor’s trip guides have been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for more than 80 years.
Fodor’s Essential Italy is the indispensable take-along companion to one of Europe’s most enduringly popular destinations. With inviting full-color photos, this up to date edition highlights the whole thing that visitors adore–from Italy’s great food and wine to art and architecture, in addition to glorious Tuscan hill towns, shopping, and a lot more.
This trip guide includes:
· Dozens of full-color maps plus a handy pullout Rome map with essential information
· Hundreds of hotel and restaurant recommendations, with Fodor’s Choice designating our top picks
· A couple of itineraries to explore the top attractions and what is off the beaten path
· In-depth breakout features on the Sistine Chapel Ceiling, Naples-style Pizza, Tuscan Wine, the Cinque Terre, the Duomo, and Venice’s Grand Canal
· Coverage of Rome, Venice, Florence, Milan, Lake Como, Tuscany, Naples, Sorrento, Capri, Sicily, Emilia-Romagna, the Veneto, and more.
Planning to concentrate on just a few Italy destinations? Take a look at Fodor’s trip guides to Rome; Vanice; Florence & Tuscany; and The Amalfi Coast, Capri & Naples.