Lonely Planet: The world’s number one trip guide publisher*
Lonely Planet’s Egypt is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Wonder at the construction of the Pyramids of Giza, wander through the columned halls of the great temple complexes of Luxor, and dive through an underwater world of coral cliffs and colourful fish in the Red Sea – all with your trusted trip companion. Get to the heart of Egypt and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Egypt:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries will let you tailor your shuttle to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save money and time and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding trip experience – covering history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Covers Cairo & Around, the Nile Delta, Suez Canal, Sinai, Alexandria & the Mediterranean Coast, Siwa Oasis & the Western Desert, Northern Nile Valley, Luxor, Southern Nile Valley, Red Sea Coast
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s Egypt is our most comprehensive guide to the country, and is designed to immerse you in the culture and will let you discover the most productive sights and get off the beaten track.
Travelling further afield? Take a look at Lonely Planet’s Middle East for a comprehensive look at all of the region has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading trip media company and the world’s number one trip guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You’ll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and way of life books, ebooks, and more.
‘Lonely Planet guides are, rather simply, like no other.’ – New York Times
‘Lonely Planet. It’s on everyone’s bookshelves; it’s in every traveller’s hands. It’s on mobile phones. It’s on the Internet. It’s far and wide, and it’s telling entire generations of people how to trip the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Source: Nielsen BookScan: Australia, UK, USA, 5/2016-4/2017