Lonely Planet: The world’s leading Go back and forth guide publisher
Lonely Planet Italy is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Take in a gondolier’s sweet song at the same time as gliding past Venetian palaces, sample olives and wines as you traverse Tuscany’s storybook hills, or be humbled amid thousands of years of Roman history and art; all with your trusted Go back and forth companion. Get to the heart of Italy now!
Inside Lonely Planet Italy Go back and forth Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images all the way through
- Highlights and itineraries assist you to tailor your travel to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save money and time and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding Go back and forth experience – including history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, cuisine, wine, customs
- Free, convenient pull-out Rome map (included in print version), plus over 137 colour maps
- Covers Rome, Turin, Piedmont, the Italian Riviera, Milan, the Lakes, Dolomites, Venice, Emilia-Romagna, Florence, Tuscany, Umbria, Abruzzo, Naples, Campania, Puglia, Sicily, Sardinia and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Italy, our most comprehensive guide to Italy, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Italy? Take a look at Lonely Planet Discover Italy, a photo-rich guide to the country’s most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on Rome, Florence or Venice? Take a look at our Lonely Planet Rome guide, Florence & Tuscany guide, and Venice & the Veneto guide for a comprehensive look at what each of these cities has to offer; Lonely Planet Discover Rome, a photo-rich guide to the city’s most popular attractions; or Lonely Planet Pocket Rome, a handy-sized guide focused on the can’t-miss sights for a quick trip.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has turn out to be the world’s leading Go back and forth media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital Go back and forth products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers will have to-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to keep in mind more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.